Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure line effectiveness making interventions as necessary and when needed with minimal downtime.
- Monitor line performance through a collection of KPIs, continuously seek improvements and put forward and follow up suggestions in order to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Compile shift hand over and follow up on a daily basis all the repairs carried out during the last 24 hours.
- Ensure the compilation of interventions logs, maintenance works carried out or to be carried out, and ensure that these are followed.
- Assist in the planning and actuation of preventive maintenance works.
- To keep abreast with current and new industrial automation equipment and work methods.
- Ensure that maintenance procedures, spares lists/inventory, preventive maintenance plans, etc. are updated with the procurement / write off of equipment.
- Ensure that any spare parts required to service and/or repair machinery and ancillaries are always ordered and in stock, both for existing and new machinery.
- To ensure that vital stock items kept in the automation maintenance department are stocked in the required levels and make internal orders (to stores) accordingly.
- Ensure that work is kept at 5S standards.
- To liaise with all other services departments thus ensuring that machinery and ancillaries (such as jigs, fixtures, nests, etc.) are in a safe and sound working order.
- To perform other maintenance jobs that are assigned as agreed with management.
- Assist technically other departments according to production requirements.
- Training of other staff.
- Work on a 3-shift basis.
Internal: All production department employees, stores, engineering department.
External: Foreign/local suppliers and service agents.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Qualified electrical/electronics/mechatronics technician with a BTEC higher national diploma / HTD level / or other internationally recognized qualifications at level 4 or better.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and show competence in diagnostics and advanced repair skills.
- Knowledgeable in the use of programmable logic controllers.
- Capable to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Flexible to respond to production needs.
- Possess effective leadership skills.
- Possess strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Possession of wireman licences A and B will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and total preventive maintenance will be considered as an asset.
At the Malta International Recruiting Agency Limited, we work hard to try and obtain higher and better conditions than those stipulated in the Law. At the end this is always dependent on the employer and whilst Government Jobs and positions are very rigged (but Fair) the Private sector may offer better conditions and wages. As a guideline the expected minimum conditions include;
- 40 hours a week with possible overtime
- Overtime pay at (a) 1:1.5 and (b) 1:2 for Sundays and Holidays
(a) for all time worked outside the ordinary hours of work on any day of the week, including any weekly day of rest except a Sunday or a customary Holiday ………………. time-and-a-half;
(b) for all time worked on a Sunday or a customary holiday …………………………. double-time
- 24 working days’ vacation going up to 32 days depending on the position
- 15 working days sick leave with additional benefits for other conditions
- 50% payment of the National Insurance covering Medical health
- Assistance in obtaining Shared accommodation valued between €200 to €350 which includes utility bills (Electricity, Water and Gas) Wifi and fully furnished
- Airport Transfers
- Some institutions including Government may also offer;
(a) Tea in the morning and in the afternoon;
(b) Uniforms, overalls or any other outerwear like protective clothing which they are required to wear by the employing organisation;
- Wages and Salaries for the private sector may vary dependent on the Position, Education Level, and Experience.
- Positions are offered on first come first serve criteria and the employer’s decision is final.
- All candidates must provide all documentation required and must have a good command of English and or Maltese. IELTS Certificates are preferred.
Should you require any other information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kindly note that Traditional clothing is not allowed while on duty!
If interested Please fill the attached form below – See Example of Driving Licence – All * fields must be completed
APPLICATION for TECHNICIANS