TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) Only eligible/ shortlisted candidates shall be called for test/ interview.
2) Qualification & Requirements:
a) Valid Driving License(Preferably D International Driving Permit).
b) 3 Years working experience as an urban bus driver. The test will be taken in Malta.
c) Reference Letter from previous employer specifying the dates of employment as an urban bus driver and applicant must provide a proper & valid email address in the application form.
d) Over 24 years of age.
e) Educational Qualification to ISCED Level 2 (Lower Secondary – Matric).
f) Basic knowledge of English (spoken and written – the test will be taken).
g) Medically fit (medical examination will be done in your Country and in Malta).
h) All the original documents of the applicant along with the certificate of clean criminal record & other credentials duly translated in English are mandatory along with the application form.
3) Pay / Allowances and Other Conditions:
a. Pay: Minimum Basic Salary – Gross rate € 6.30 per hour.
b. Duration of Contract: Indefinite (subject to issuance of the work permit).
c. Duty Hours: 8 hours a day on a shift basis, with possibility of overtime.
d. Accommodation (shared): Assistance will be provided by the Company to acquire accommodation valued at Euro 200 month.
e. Health Insurance: To be provided by the Employer
f. Annual Leave: As per Collective Agreement and Malta Law.
g. Overtime Work, if any: As per Collective Agreement and Malta Law.
h. Working Permit: Paperwork to be handled by the Employer.
i. All the other terms and conditions as per Collective Agreement and Malta Law. (see below)
4) If selected all candidates applying from Asia or non-EU country will require the following
a. Verification of the Driving License.
b. Verification of the Experience certificate,
c. Security cleared from local police,
d. The medical checkup from a reputable agency for foreign travel to EU countries,
e. English refresher course for applicants weak in spoken English,
f. Driving test of all drivers on the Public Transport size bus,
At the Malta International Recruiting Agency Limited, we work hard to try and obtain higher and better conditions than those stipulated in the Law. At the end this is always dependent on the employer and whilst Government Jobs and positions are very rigged (but Fair) the Private sector may offer better conditions and wages. As a guideline the expected minimum conditions include;
- Possible overtime – in accordance with WRO agreement
- Overtime pay at (a) 1:1.5 and (b) 1:2
- 24 working days’ vacation going up to 32 days depending on the time served
- 15 working days sick leave with additional benefits for other conditions
- 50% payment of the National Insurance covering Medical health
- Assistance in obtaining Shared accommodation valued at around €200 which includes utility bills (Electricity, Water, and Gas) Wifi and fully furnished
- Some institutions including Government may also offer;
Uniforms, overalls or any other outerwear like protective clothing which they are required to wear by the employing organization;
- Wages and Salaries for the private sector may vary dependent on the Position, Education Level, and Experience.
- Positions are offered on first come first serve criteria and the employer’s decision is final.
- All candidates must provide all documentation required and must have a good command of English and or Maltese. IELTS Certificates are preferred.
Should you require any other information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kindly note that Traditional clothing is not allowed while on duty!
If interested Please fill the attached form below – See Example of Driving Licence – All * fields must be completed